LOCAC – Los Osos Community Advisory Council
LOCAC advises the Planning Department, Planning Commission, and the County District 2 Supervisor on land use and community issues. The Council meets at the South Bay Community Center at 7:00pm on the fourth Thursday of each month.
What is LOCAC 2014
LOCAC – Agenda Oct. 2014
Dutra referral: Proposed variance to reduce front and street side setbacks for workshop, landscape on site and within public access easement, and remodel existing deck. Site location is 398 Mitchell Dr. APN 074-081-013
CONSENT AGENDA, INCLUDING PUBLIC COMMENT
Viola Vacation Rental referral: DRC2014-00023 – Proposed MUP to allow the use of a single family residence as a vacation rental. APN: 038-731-007
Perevoski Vacation Rental referral – Proposed MUP to allow an existing single family residence to be used as a vacation rental. APN: 038-681-015
Rutledge Vacation Rental Referral – Proposed MUP to allow an existing single family residence to be used as a vacation rental. APN 038-681-018
LOCAC – Special Meeting
The Special Meeting on LOCAC Vacation Rental Policies is from 6:30-7:30 in the South Bay Community Center and will be followed by the regular Land Use meeting at 7:30 pm.
Land Use Referrals – October
1. DRC2014-00029 Veley – Proposed minor use permit for maintenance of a culvert, an equestrian facility, and existing farm support quarters. Site location is 2979 Clark Valley Rd., Los Osos. APN: 067-132-015.
2. DRC2014-00030Rutledge – Proposed minor use permit to all the use of an existing single family residence as a vacation rental. Site location is 656 Santa Lucia Ave., Los Osos. APN: 038-681-018.
3. DRC2014-00017 Dutra – Proposed variance to reduce front and side street setbacks for workshop, landscape on site and within public easement, and remodel existing deck. Site location is 398 Mitchell Dr. Los Osos. APN: 074-081-013.
4. DRC2014-00023 Viola – Proposed minor use permit to allow use of a single family residence as a vacation rental. Site location is 1161 Pasadena Dr., Los Osos. APN: 038-731-007.
5. DRC2014-00028 Perevoski – Proposed minor use permit to allow an existing family residence to be used as a vacation rental. Site location is 672 Santa Lucia Ave., Los Osos. APN: 038-681-015.
LOCAC September Documents and Links
The County of San Luis Obispo will be hosting a Water Summit during the
October 14, 2014 Board of Supervisors meeting from 1:30 – 5:00 PM. The
County Drought Task Force will provide an update on current conditions and
response plans, the County’s Public Works Department will present a water
systems update with plans for the year ahead, the County’s Department of
Agriculture and the Farm Advisor will present an update on agricultural
conditions with plans for the year ahead, and the County’s legislative
advocates at the federal and state levels will provide updates on water
legislation that impact this region.
Cal Fire – Fire Safety Fair
Cal Fire is holding s Fire Saftey Fair October 11th, 11-3pm.
Demonstrations, food, raffle.
10.11.14 CalFire-LOCSD Fire Safety Fair
Agenda September LOCAC Traffic and Circulation Mtg
Tuesday September 9, 2014, 5:30pm
South Bay Community Center – Small Mtg Room
1. Call to Order
2. County Updates – J. Ghent
3. Discussion – Continuation of LOVR Corridor Study – specifically, median from Fairchild to 10th/9th streets
4. Future Agenda Items
Adjourn by 6:30pm
Los Osos Conservation Plan
The County of San Luis Obispo is preparing a draft Communitywide Habitat Conservation Plan that will evaluate the biological resources within the community of Los Osos (study area is approximately 3,560 acres).
Bus route update
New bus route/stops can be found here.
Vicki Milledge, LOCAC Chairperson
Los Osos Community Plan Update – Help Shape the Future of Los Osos!
The Los Osos Community Plan is in the process of being updated. There is a slate of meetings for discussion regarding various facets of the plan, and community input is needed to help shape the future of Los Osos. Please visit this site or attend LOCAC meetings to keep abreast of the schedule and we encourage you to take part.
Community Input Meeting Schedule/Process Document
The following links are documents for review from the 2004 Estero Area Plan:
Well, possibly. As part of the Los Osos Sewer Conservation plan, many residents will qualify for rebates for toilets, shower heads, faucets, and even washers. To set up a qualifying inspection, call 788-6633.
You may also visit the county’s website at http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/PW/LOWWP/LOWWP.htm , or click this link, for more information.