The Land Use Committee is the voice for land use issues affecting Los Osos. Land use includes developments, outdoor recreation, open space, zoning and more. We review and make recommendations regarding all minor use permit applications. We seek input from the public regarding our community’s land use priorities and goals. We research and advise regarding major ordinance and policy changes.
The Land Use Committee meets the first Monday of the month at 7:00 pm on Zoom (formerly at the Sea Pines small conference room, 1945 Solano St, Los Osos)
LOCAC MEMBERS: Larry Bender, Chair, Lynette Tornatzky, Yael Korin, Sue Morgenthaler, Trish Bartel.
PUBLIC MEMBERS: Julie Tacker, Linde Owen, Paul Hershfield, Robin McPeak.
The next LUC meeting will be held on Monday, December 7 at 7:00 p.m. The agenda is not yet ready, but project documents for the meeting are are provided below these three red boxes.
Additional documents for the LUC meeting to be held on Monday, December 7 at 7:00 p.m are below, and thet are also available off of this link:
The email from the county contained Planner contact information: “Direct comments or questions on this application to the project manager(s): Emi Sugiyama (firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 788-9470,”
As part of your response to this referral, please consider the following questions:· Are there significant concerns, problems or impacts in your area of review?
• If Yes, please describe the impacts along with any recommendations to reduce the impacts in your response.
• If your community has a “vision” statement in the Area Plan – does the community feel this project helps to achieve that vision? If No, please describe.
• What does the community like or dislike about the project or proposal?
• Is the project compatible with surrounding development, does it fit in well with its surroundings? If No, are there changes in the project that would make it fit in better?
• Does the community believe the road(s) that provide access to the site is(are) already overcrowded?
• Does the community wish to have a trail in this location?
• If the proposal is a General Plan Amendment, does the community feel the proposed change would encourage other surrounding properties to intensify, or establish intense uses that would not otherwise occur?
• Please feel free to include information or questions other than those listed above. You may also choose to respond that you have no comments regarding the proposal.
Additional projects for December 7, 2020.
Land Use Committee Meeting was Monday, October 5, 7:00 p.m..
Zoom recording link to come.
This in Friday, October 2, 2020 for the Back Bay Inn:
Referral Packages below for October 5, 2020:
Archival Information on the Back Bay Inn/Downtown Baywood Area:
Correspondence for October 5, 2020:
Zoom link to a recording of the August 31 meeting:
DOCUMENTS – for the Baywood Inn
DOCUMENTS – for the Back Bay Inn
Three new documents were submitted August 31, see three top links below.
Additional information on the Keener Lopez project:
Land Use Committee Video from July 6, 2020
Access Password: 5g.3*N@0
Link to the Land Use Committee agenda and documents for Monday, July 6, 7:00 p.m. below:
Land Use Committee Audio from June 1, 2020
Access Password: 4o!Al#.4
Agendas & minutes
Projects for May/June 2020 that will be heard at the Planning Department are the four downloads above. They will be heard at the LOCAC Land Use Committee. Check the Planning Department agendas as to the date of their hearings there.
The Land Use Committee meeting scheduled for April 6 has been canceled due to COVID-19.
(For archived agendas and minutes click HERE.)